Monday, October 3, 2011

Fashion Steele of the Week Oct 3

So here is my Fashion Steele of the Week for Oct 3
fresh off my visit to the new Century 21 in Licoln Square in NYC...
check it out and see what I scored!




I've been frequenting the Century 21 in downtown NYC for awhile. There are definitely some
 pros and cons for each.

New Century 21 Lincoln Square vs Century 21 Downtown
  1. Size Matters : The new Century 21 is A LOT smaller than the one downtown. Thus when I went it was really hard to get from one department to the other. The layout on the main and top floors are OK, the best that it can be at that size but that severely effects the selection.
  2. Shoe Issues: The Licoln Square Century 21 shoe collection is blah compared to downtown. Downtown there are 2 levels with exclusive designers below. The Licoln Square Century 21 shoe department lacks luster and shares it's tiny space with childrens clothing. The layout in the shoe department is horrible and it it makes looking at the shoes difficult.
  3. Cleanliness: With that said the Licoln Square Century 21 is MUCH more organized and restocked very frequently. The employees are quick about putting merchandise that is out of place back in its proper spot and they are very knowledgable about where all the designers are located.
  4. Dressing Rooms: OMFG I waited in line for about 20 minutes to try on 3 items. There is only one womens dressing room at the New Licoln Square Location. Inside there are 10 dressing rooms and one small communal dressing room that can fit about 4 people. Talk about catastrophe. The line was wrapped around the womens department.
  5. Selection: The selection is great...awesome designers but smaller quantity of pieces than those compared at the downtown location.
So thats my comparison. I am happy that the New Century 21 is closer to where I live but I will still be popping into the downtown location for shoes

Have you ever shopped at Century 21?
How was your experience?

xo
Monroe



6 comments:

  1. I went years ago and found it pretty hectic. I did find a pair of jeans, but hated how disorganized it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post dear! I loved!!!!


    Miss you <33

    xoxo*
    www.ivaniadiamond.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there the 1st day it opened & found the same problems you addressed... The dressing room was the last straw for me.. I will be staying downtown for now on.. I still love Century 21 though :)

    Tammy
    http://afendibagandabadattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idk, I can't deal with the Century 21 in the city. Especially the one by the world trade center, it's always extremely crowed. I just stick with the one in queens. But I might try this new one.


    --
    Shanice,
    www.shanicexoxo.info

    BTW. Check out my giveaway | http://bit.ly/nuE7Pp

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sweater! Its everything! And the color AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin