Friday, January 6, 2012

the Valentino dream

Everyone knows that my favorite place to shop is Loehmanns. Well last week I was perusing the sales rack when I came across a satin rose Valentino pencil skirt.
I think I stopped breathing for about 5 minutes.
It was originally $299 marked down to $224 with 50% off of that. Plus I had a coupon for 20% off any one item and my 10% of membership card which brought the skirt down to about $75!
I rushed and tried it on. Yeah is was a little tight but I could walk in it. I stared at myself in the mirror in awe of what I was about to do.
My first Valentino piece. OMFG!


I went home and tried it on again. Only this time I attempted to SIT DOWN.
(insert sh!t face here)
O_o
That's when I knew. Thats when I knew, the skirt was going back!
I could barely sit!
I rarely return items but this Valentino dream has got to be returned.
So close...yet so far away.
Have you ever had to return something you loved so much?
THE WINNER OF THE SWAGBAG GIVEAWAY IS CHERRIE J!
congrats and thanks to all who entered!
xx
Monroe
follow me:

15 comments:

  1. oh no! it's so sad you had to return it! It's so beautiful :((((( But I can see why. silk isn't really a stretchy fabric so sitting could be complicated haha
    Great post! Thanks for sharing.

    toppedoffwitharedhat.blogspot.com
    Stop by and check out my new post!
    xoxo, A

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh, it's nice.
    I have had to return shoes a lot. Because I say screw it, they should be uncomfortable. But I am getting too old to be in pain. I don't want to be restricted to only orthopedic shoes in my golden years!

    As for the skirt, I always feel that if something is meant for me, it'll be there. Don't worry, you will find a skirt that's meant for you. Maybe one that you will love even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, its sad you have to return it bcos it was such a STEEL!
    http://ironyofashi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loehmann's is my fave store too, so sad that the Valentino skirt didn't work out for you. Thats a was a great deal too!!! You got me wanting to see what deals i can find on the racks, but i need to stay out the stores been shopping Aa little too much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! That's so depressing :( Hopefully you'll get a piece soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lo siento love it really is lovely

    Sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful skirt, but you have done right taking it back, after all you have to live in it.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. So close.... I have to say the Loehmann's that I've been to here in FL was nothing to write home about. No wonder it closed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10's all across the board for that find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The skirt is so cute! We love it!:)

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww what a nice find! too bad. I get that way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin